It is now possible to install firmware using a USB key instead of an SD card.
Follow the instructions:
- Download and unzip the latest firmware to your USB key. Ensure the 3 files are on the root of the USB drive. Firmware versions can be found here
- Plug the USB key into the player and then whilst pressing the reset button in the AV hole with a screwdriver or paperclip, plug in the power cable.
- With the AV reset button still pressed, you should see the recovery screen appear. From here choose ‘APPLY UPDATE FROM EXT’
- Then Choose ‘UPDATE FROM UDISK’
- Then choose the ‘Package to install’ by scrolling down and choosing the .zip file that you extracted to the USB key earlier
- The update will install. When finished, choose ‘REBOOT NOW’
- The player should then boot up to the welcome screen